Shhh! Planning a Secrets proposal
Guys, did you know the most popular days of the year to pop the question are Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Valentine’s Day?
These dates are fast approaching and while you might fancy yourself the spontaneous type, some serious planning is involved if you’re hoping for an instantaneous, “YES!” from her. Secrets demystifies the planning process by sharing these helpful tips. Seize the moment, get prepared now!
- Do some subtle snooping to find out what gold colour she prefers and what cut and shape stone she likes best. Not good at subterfuge? Ask her bestie what engagement ring design her heart desires.
- Act like James Bond and do some top-secret spy work! Find out her size by measuring the inside diameter of one of her ring finger rings with a measuring tape. Warning! Do not take measurement from her right hand ring finger as it can be subtly different in size to her left.
- Use plasticine or a bar of soap to take an imprint of her ring and take it to any jeweller to find out her size.
- Visit a Secrets store and ask to see ALL our gorgeous Secrets engagement rings. We have cases and cases of rings to choose from. Alternatively browse and order online. We can special order any ring size.
- Allow enough time to place and receive your Secrets special order – approximately six to eight weeks for yellow and white gold; and 10-12 weeks for rose gold.
- Scope out a romantic location or a place that has special meaning to you both. When is the best time of day to pop the question?
- Have a ‘paparazzi’ friend to capture the moment on camera or video.
- Present your Secrets gift box.
- Have champagne on ice to celebrate!
Don’t forget to share your Secrets engagement story with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
MOST POPULAR BLOGS
How to create luxe layers
Once you have discovered Secrets new generation diamond simulants crafted in stunning 10ct and 14ct white, yellow and rose gold as well as beautiful sterling silver, you won't be able to stop at ju
How to find the perfect gift
You absolutely love rose gold and prefer a larger centre stone, however does your loved one? Gift shopping, we all know that it can be a total drama when trying to balance giving a beauti